01 July 2022 Media Release: Garden Route District Municipality launches electronic job application platform
Media Release: Garden Route District Municipality launches electronic job application platform
For immediate release
01 July 2022
The Garden Route District Municipality (GRDM) is pleased to announce that, as of 1 July 2022, it will introduce its own E-recruitment system. The aim of the system is to make it convenient for applicants to apply for a vacant position at the municipality.
This paperless online job application system will allow applicants to apply for a vacancy without having to complete an application form, make copies of their Curriculum Vitaes (CV) and relevant qualifications every time they apply for a vacancy. GRDM’s vision is to be a leading, enabling, and inclusive district. With this in mind, this system will provide a platform where job vacancies can be advertised, viewed, and applied for online, enhancing the recruitment and selection process by increasing responses.
When a candidate registers and creates a profile on the E-recruitment system, it is mandatory to upload their CV and qualifications, which is stored on the system and can be updated at any time. This makes the application process for a vacancy flow more efficiently.
Why an E-recruitment system?
- E-recruitment will improve the efficiency of filling vacancies because of semi-automated digitisation processes;
- The system stores a backup file of all the applicant information; and
- A move from paper to an electronic system improves auditing processes.
What does this system mean for the public?
- To apply for a vacancy, a person can use any computer or visit a Thusong centre or library in his area;
- No more traveling to the post office or the GRDM offices to submit a completed application;
- No more emailed applications because, once applying for a position, the system will automatically send an email informing an applicant that they’ve applied and successfully uploaded their application; and
- Candidates will be able to track how far along the vacancy process is on the e-recruitment system.
How does the application process work?
- The vacancy will be advertised on several platforms, clearly marked that only online applications will be accepted;
- Applicants will be reminded to register and create their profiles on the system;
- Others who are already registered are welcome to apply for a vacancy;
- Once registered, one can apply for any vacancy by selecting the vacancy and filling out the mandatory fields; and
- The recruitment process will be fast and accurate since there will be no manual capturing of information.
When will the system be officially active?
- The system will be live from Friday, 01 July 2022.
- One vacancy will be advertised on the E-recruitment system as a trial run to monitor and evaluate public response.
- In the beginning, only vacancies on T10 and above will be advertised on the system.
- After two months an evaluation will be done to see how effective the system was.
- After that, the system will be fully implemented for vacancies below T9.
- Please note, currently the system is not mobile-friendly; it is only functional on a computer for now, but it will be compatible with a cell phone during the next phase or the system enhancement.
How to access the system?
Brows to http://www.gardenroute.gov.za/apply-for-work/ and it will take applicants to the landing page to start their registration process. This page also gives applications the option to update their profiles or to apply for a vacancy.
GRDM calls upon the public to start registering and creating their profiles on the e-recruitment system. If anyone doesn’t have access to a computer, the GRDM encourages those to visit any of the Thusong centres or libraries in their respective areas where they can register and create their profiles.
Who should I contact if I need assistance with the system?
Ms Amanda Booysen – GRDM Human Resources Representative – 044-803 1389 / 078 450 7950
Ms Margaret Powell – GRDM IT Representative – 044 803 1409