Tourism and District Economic Development Services
Tel: 044 803 1300
Ensure that the efficient management and pro-active strategic service is provided to the District, which include the following functions:
- Garden Route & Klein Karoo Tourism
- District Economic Development
Duties and responsibilities:
- The responsibility of the Manager: Tourism and District Economic Development Services, is to oversee identification of the key deliverables and goals detailed in Master Plan / Sector Plans within the DED, GRDM’s IDP in respect of promoting district economic aspects in the region;
- Oversee identification of the key deliverables and goals detailed in Sector Plans within Tourism, GRDM’s IDP in respect of promoting Tourism aspects in the region.
- Manage the review and coordination of the Tourism marketing and development strategy for the region.
1. District Economic Development
- Coordinate and facilitate key applications and procedures associated with the identification, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the effectiveness of Local Economic Development (LED) initiatives, programmes and projects in creating a conducive environment for entrepreneurship and business development and job creation
- Commitment to supporting B-municipal LED units in terms of carrying out and achieving the objectives of the above mandate, creating and sharing linkages and networks in order to leverage opportunities for economic growth and development.
- Capacitating citizens, community-based organizations, business and other interest groups towards achieving sustainable ways to meet social, economic and material needs and improve quality of life.
2. Garden Route and Klein Karoo Tourism
Tel: 044 803 1300
- Promoting and positioning the Garden Route and Klein Karoo region as a preferred Tourist destination;
- Coordinate the tourism marketing activities in the region
- Coordinate the development of marketing materials, e.g. brochures, video’s, social media, website and products that involve tourism information to keep domestic and international tourists informed
- Coordinate the exhibiting at tourism exhibitions, networking sessions and educationals
- Implement the Tourism Marketing and Development strategy in the region