05 May 2022 Notice: Applications for Fencing Subsidies to assist Landowners are now open
05 May 2022 Notice: Applications for Fencing Subsidies to assist Landowners are now open!
Garden Route District Municipality gives subsidies for fencing on a yearly basis to assist landowners on neighbouring rural roads with fencing of their properties. This is subject to a budget as received from the Western Cape Government.
The funding will only be applicable on a subsidy basis. It effectively means that 60% subsidy will be contributed towards the cost of the fencing. The subsidy is determined by an average price for material. The material is deemed as 60% of total cost. Labour cost is deemed as 40% of the total cost and must be carried by the applicant. All initial costs must be carried by the applicant and subsidy will be paid out after the successful completion of the fence. For more information refer to the Fencing Subsidy Policy of Garden Route District Municipality.
The new fences must adhere to the specifications of the Provincial Government of the Western Cape: Roads Infrastructure Department. Minimum specifications will be made available to successful applicants.
- Application forms can be obtained from Mr Qamani Nkebana or Mr Lungisa Qendu at the Roads Transport & Planning Department. Contact numbers at the office are 044 803 1506 / 044 803 1577 or email Qamani@gardenroute.gov.za / Lungisa@gardenroute.gov.za.
- Alternatively download it from www.gardenroute.gov.za.
- Application period: 06 May 2022 to 03 June 2022.
- Applications will be audited and evaluated according to risk analysis by a panel.
Risk factors include: Status of road, traffic count, operating speed of vehicles, type of farming, condition of current fence, etc
- The panel outcome will be decided by 01 July 2022. All applicants will be informed. A fencing subsidy contract will be signed with successful applicants. Unsuccessful applicants can apply again in the next financial year.
- All fences must be fully completed by 30th November 2022 for payment before 28 February 2023.
- Payment will be done after an inspection and an approval for the fence has been made.
Click below to download all the applicable documents:
- Fencing Subsidy Notice / Advertisement
- Letter to Applicants
- Guidelines for the fencing of roads by adjacent Landowners
- Application Form and Annexures
- MBD4 Declaration of Interest
Closing date: 03 June 2022
Notice number: 36
54 York Street
P.O. Box 12