The Garden Route District Municipality through the Cater Care (Food Handler) Training Programme aims to train previously disadvantaged individuals in the hospitality sector. The District Municipality through the Tourism Unit is solely responsible for the funding of this programme, with the Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP) Unit contributing towards this programme.
GRDM aims to address the high rate of unemployment within the District. In particular, the GRDM seeks to provide Culinary Skills training to unemployed people in the District. The Cater Care Training Programme is intended to equip people to access jobs in the local hospitality industry and tourism sector.
The Cater Care programme occurs over a three (3) month period and provides an accredited course with theoretical and practical (industry – learnership) training. This year the course takes place from September 2022 until December 2022.
Criteria for the learners:
- Must be a SA Citizen
- Aged 18-30
- School Qualification Grade 10 to Grade 12
- Must have a bank account
- Must have a Tax number
- Eager to shape a career in the hospitality industry
- Reside in the Garden Route District Municipal region
Application process is as follows:
- Prospective learners must apply in person at the Garden Route District Municipality, 54 York Street in George.
- All applicants must bring their CV, certified ID Copy, and school results. Certification of documents must not be older than 3 months
- Letter from the bank confirming their account
- Must have a contact cell phone number plus an alternative number
Address: François Ferreira Academy
Farm 208. R102 Airport Road
George, Western Cape
Contact person: Ms Veronica Mekile (email@example.com)
Office number: 044 – 884 0765; Office hours: 08:00 – 16:30 (Mon- Thu); 08:00 – 15:00 (Fri)
The deadline date is 15 September 2022 for all applications to be submitted
*All successful candidates are responsible for their own accommodation arrangements and transport and only serious and committed applicants will be considered for this opportunity.
54 York Street
PO Box 12
Tel: 044 803 1300
Copies of notices in all three official languages of the Western Cape: