Public Notice: SMME Support and Development Programme Garden Route District Municipality Call for Business Proposals
Garden Route District Municipality (GRDM) is embarking on a Small-, Medium- and Micro Enterprise (SMME) Programme to help dynamic and committed entrepreneurs to grow their businesses. A broad scope of non-financial assistance will be provided, including compulsory business development interventions and training.
Only serious applicants with a workable business concept or business profile should apply.
IMPORTANT: Applicants MUST complete an application form (obtainable from either the District Economic Development Office, 54 York Street, George, 6530 or email email@example.com with the following important supporting documents attached:
- Company Profile/ Business Proposal or Business Plan – maximum 10 (ten) pages; if more, please deliver it physically.
- Six (6) months Profit and Loss Summary or (recent Financial statements, if available);
- Business registration document.
- Must be a registered business operating for a minimum of 1 (one) year;
- Must have a viable business idea/proposal with clear directions/deliverables;
- Must be available to present to a selected panel and attend the compulsory business development interventions and training identified by the panel;
- SARS registered AND Tax Clearance certificate;
- 100% South African owned;
- Formally registered for a minimum of 1 (one) year or incorporated, e.g. with the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC); and must be in operation for the mentioned period;
- Operating and residing within the Garden Route;
- It is classified as a micro or small enterprise in terms of the National Small Enterprises Act.
All applications must be in an envelope, stating “2022/2023 SMME Support and Development Programme – Garden Route District Municipality” and be dropped off at 54 York Street, George, 6530 or at any Garden Route DM Offices for attention Mr Johannes Jafta or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Enterprises that benefitted from the previous year’s programmes (July 2019 to June 2021) will not be considered. NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please provide us with a detailed outline of your business proposal, together with all required proof. If you do not adhere to the set criteria, your application will be unsuccessful. Only shortlisted enterprises/businesses will be contacted to present their business concept to the adjudication panel virtually or in person. Only the top business concepts concerning the set criteria will be selected.
NB! If you did not get any feedback from us within 30 days after the closing date, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Closing date: Wednesday, 31 August 2022 by 13h00.
All enquiries related to the programme can be directed to the Garden Route District Municipality Economic Development Office at email@example.com
54 York Street
PO Box 12
Tel: 044 803 1300