SMME Support & Development Programme – Call for business proposals
Garden Route District Municipality is embarking on a programme to help dynamic and committed entrepreneurs to grow their business. A broad scope of non-financial assistance will be provided, which will include required business development interventions (equipment and input material) and trainings. Only serious applicants with a workable business concept or business profile that they believe in and with which they want to expand their business operations with, must apply.
Applicants must complete an application form (obtained from the District Economic Development Office, 54 York Street, George, 6530, from Mr. Johannes Jafta via email at firstname.lastname@example.org) and submit with the following supporting documents attached:
- Company Profile/ Business Proposal or Business Plan;
- 6 months Profit and Loss Summary or (recent Financial/Bank statements, if available – will be treated confidentially);
- Tax clearance certificate;
- Confirmation of employees (Document attached on the application form);
- Certified ID copy;
- Certified copy of proof of residence (where business is situated)
- Must be a registered and viable business operating for at least 2 years with clear direction/deliverables;
- Must be available to do a presentation to a selected panel and to attend the compulsory business development interventions and trainings identified by panel.
- Must be tax compliant. (If not, submit tax matters with the application for assessment);
- 100% South African owned;
- Applicant must be in full control of business and operations.
- Formally registered or incorporated e.g. with the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC);
- Operating in the Garden Route;
- Classified as a micro or small enterprise in terms of the National Small Enterprises Act;
- Individuals/Businesses that have previously participated in any skills development/training programmes rolled out by the LED & Tourism unit of GRDM can apply.
All applications must be submitted via email to Mr. Johannes Jafta at email@example.com or placed in an envelope and physically delivered to the Garden Route District Municipality, 54 York Street, George, 6530. All applications must clearly state GARDEN ROUTE SMME SUPPORT & DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME 2020.
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to present their business concepts to an evaluation panel.
- The Garden Route District Municipality reserves the right to evaluate and select only the highest ranking business concepts according to the above criteria.
- At the end of the programme all participating businesses must be tax compliant.
- Applications will close at 12h00 on 06 November 2020.
For further information, please contact:
Ms Natalie Raubenheimer
Senior Economic Development Officer
Garden Route District Municipality
firstname.lastname@example.org or 044 803 1458
Download PDF file here: SMME Support and Development programme, Call for Proposals, Garden Route District Municipality