The Garden Route District Municipality in partnership with the South African Local Government Association, hosted a Good Governance Summit on 13-14 June 2019 at Oubaai Golf Estate, Herold’s Bay, George. The main objectives of the summit were to:
- Empower councillors and administration in doing oversight and being accountable through the implementation of effective governance structures;
- Enhance public participation process through effective good governance structures and new innovations to eliminate or minimize service delivery protests;
- Insulate municipalities against interference from external stakeholders;
- Encourage and improve ethics and ethical conduct within the municipal leadership; and
- Address the cost of corruption and poor governance.
Click here to view the programme of the two-day summit.
Download the presentations by clicking on the links below:
- City of Joburg – Understanding the Impact of Corruption on Service Delivery in Local Government
- Dumisani Hlophe – State Capture
- EY – What will Governance look like in the future
- Johann Mettler – Political and administrative interface – making it workPWC – Combined Assurance
- PAA Stakeholder Engagement
- SALGA – Consequence and Accountability Framework for Local Government in South Africa
- SCEP – Encouraging Investments without flouting legislation
- PWC – Combined Assurance
Photographs captured over the course of the Summit can be viewed by clicking here.