Garden Route Skills Summit Resolutions
- Continue and accelerate collaboration and cooperation among all District skills development role players.
- Ensure that Skills Development leverages digital infrastructure as far as possible to ensure learning and processes methods are and remain cutting edge.
- As far as possible link Skills Development to Investment and Economic Development opportunities to the advancement for all.
- Ensure that all Skills Development processes in the Garden Route always proactively considers renewable energy.
- Engage with all willing partners, in particular the SETAs and the National Skills Fund, to explore the development and implementation of projects across the District.
- Consider and leverage local skilled people, including retired people, within the District, to accelerate the growth of the Skills Mecca.
- All public and / or private skills development projects and/or programmes in all municipalities are acknowledged, recorded on Skills Mecca on line solution and supported within resource limitations.
- Progressively support the development of the new apprenticeship of 21st Century (A21) in the District.
- Budget, plan and implement an annual Skills Summit that is held in a different local municipality rotationally and alphabetically….2020 – Knysna – proposed on 5 March 2020.