Mr Johan Stander
BTO, Financial Statements, Income, Bank Reconciliations, Expenditure & Remuneration
Deputy Manager: Financial Services
Tel: 044 803 1339
Cell: 071 671 7749
- Manage the Budget and Treasury Office, Annual Financial Statements, Income, Bank Reconciliations, Expenditure and Remuneration functions;
- Provides a climate conducive to meet objectives of the Directorate, and to ensure that Key Performance Areas are identified, objectives aligned and appropriate procedures developed and implemented on approval, to guide administrative compliance;
- Coordinate strategies to ensure linking of the IDP, Budget and Performance Management Systems, to ensure effective and efficient budgeting, forecasting and utilisation of municipal resources in order to achieve the objectives of the municipality;
- Manage the timely preparation, submission and publication of statutory reports to adhere to national, provincial and institutional legislation, regulations, by-laws, instructions and financial standards and generally accepted financial practices in order to ensure a professional and efficient financial management service.
- Manage and assist in the preparation of financial statements & audit file to ensure that all financial statements are prepared in all material respects, in accordance with GRAP, that it reflects the financial position of the municipality and that the results of the Municipality’s operations and cash flow information for the year ended are fairly presented in accordance with GRAP and applicable statutory requirements;
- To ensure that all transactions that occur, are recorded in the general ledger;
- Manage the provision of an effective Credit Control and Debt Collection function;
- Manage the provision of an efficient and effective Income function;
- Manage the provision of an effective expenditure function;
- Assist the Auditor General & implement audit recommendations;
- Management of financial reforms for example mSCOA.