For Immediate Release
21 May 2021
On an annual basis, Garden Route District Municipality (GRDM) provides fencing subsidies for a selected number of landowners on neighbouring provincial rural roads with fencing of their properties.
This is subject to a budget as received from the Western Cape Government.
The funding will only be applicable on a subsidy basis. It effectively means that 60% subsidy will be contributed towards the cost of the fencing. The subsidy is determined by an average price for the material. The material is deemed as 60% of the total cost. Labour cost is deemed as 40% of the total cost and must be carried by the applicant. All initial costs must be carried by the applicant and a subsidy will be paid out after the successful completion of the fence. For more information refer to the Fencing Subsidy Policy of Garden Route District Municipality.
The new fences must adhere to the specifications of the Provincial Government of the Western Cape: Roads Infrastructure Department. Minimum specifications will be made available to successful applicants.
- Application forms can be obtained from Mr Qamani Nkebana at the Roads Transport & Planning Department. Contact numbers at the office are 044 803 1506 or email Qamani@gardenroute.gov.za. Alternatively, download from www.gardenroute.gov.za.
- Application period: 21 May 2021 to 18 June 2021.
- Applications will be audited and evaluated according to risk analysis by a panel. Risk factors include: Status of road, traffic count, operating speed of vehicles, type of farming, condition of current fence, etc.
- The panel outcome will be decided by 19 July 2021. All applicants will be informed. A fencing subsidy contract will be signed with successful applicants. Unsuccessful applicants can apply again in the next financial year.
- All fences must be fully completed by 10 December 2021 for payment before 28 February 2022.
- Payment will be done after an inspection and approval for the fence has been made.
Closing date: 18 June 2021
Notice number: 43/2021