For Immediate Release
23 June 2020
On an annual basis, Garden Route District Municipality (GRDM) provides fencing subsidies for a selected number of landowners on neighbouring provincial rural roads with fencing of their properties.
This is subject to a budget as received from the Western Cape Government.
The funding is only applicable on a subsidy basis, meaning that a 60% subsidy will be contributed towards a landowner’s material costs for fencing. The subsidy will therefore be determined by an average cost for material. The material is deemed as 60% of total cost. Labour cost is deemed as 40% of the total cost and must be carried by the applicant. All initial costs must be carried by the applicant and a subsidy will be paid out to successful applicant after the completion of the fence. For more information refer to the Fencing Subsidy Policy of GRDM.
The new fences must adhere to the specifications of the Western Cape Government Roads Infrastructure Department. Minimum specifications will be made available to successful applicants.
- Application forms can be obtained from Mr Qamani Nkebana at the Roads Transport & Planning Department. Contact numbers at the office is 044 803 1500 or 1506 or email email@example.com.
- Application period: 24 June 2020 to 10 July 2020.
- Applications will be audited and evaluated according to risk analysis by a panel. Risk factors include the following: status of road, traffic count, operating speed of vehicles, type of farming, condition of current fence, etc.
- The panel outcome will be decided by 14 August 2020. All applicants will be informed. A fencing subsidy contract will be signed with successful applicants. Unsuccessful applicants can apply again in the next financial year.
- All fences must be fully completed by 11 December 2021 for payment before 28 February 2021.
- Payment will be done after an inspection and an approval for the fence has been made.