A two-day Local Economic Development (LED) and Supply Chain Management (SCM) Indaba is currently underway in Mossel Bay.
The theme of the Indaba is “Utilising procurement as a lever to enhance local economic development – Maximising citizens impact”
A myriad of topics will be discussed over the next two days, which include some of the following:
- Public Procurement as it links the government’s development and strategic agenda and public financial management system with social, economic and environmental outcomes” (Western Cape: Economic Procurement Policy);
- Context of supply chain management on the limitation hampering service delivery and the effects SCM has on local economic development;
- How do we navigate economic opportunities in a rule driven environment to maximizing citizen impact;
- The inclusion of the LED statement in the Integrated Development Plan (IDP) that propels SCM to become a strategic enabler for economic development: Aligning IDP, SCM and LED”; and
- Exploring creative mechanisms and/or solutions to address economic impact through procurement and deal with the economic challenges within various localities.