A Special Garden Route District Municipal Managers Forum (MMF) is currently underway in George.
This platform provides an opportunity for Municipal Managers of the district and Local Municipalities (Bitou, Knysna, George, Mossel Bay, Hessequa, Oudtshoorn and Kannaland), to contribute to the strengthening of the Local Government sector. Thus, members address common concerns and facilitate inter-municipal peer-learning. Furthermore, the Forum also provides opportunities to collectively engage with key stakeholders in addressing key issues affecting Local Government.
This joint district approach recognises that the Western Cape Local Government planning process commences with Premier Alan Winde at his Premier’s Coordinating Forum. This Forum is followed by two equally important engagements, namely:
– MinMay Planning where District Mayors will present strategic and planning priorities as well as service delivery challenges in response to the Premier’s address; and
– District coordinating Forum where District Mayors and Local Mayors will hold similar engagements at a district level. Here, district-specific strategic and planning priorities, as well as service delivery challenges will be dealt with.
Today’s agenda will deal with the following topics:
- The National Department of Public Works – Presenting Protocol Agreement targets for the fourth phase;
- Contextualised inputs for discussion at the Cabinet Bosberaad to be identified (Circular 21: District Strategic and Planning priorities as well as service delivery challenges); and
- A Special Economic Zone District Wide Approach.